‘We’re Simply Getting Began.’ Mayor Dickens Finishes First 100 Days of Shifting Atlanta Ahead with Important Achievements on Public Security, Housing and Fairness
Shifting Atlanta Ahead. That’s what Mayor Andre Dickens promised to do when he was sworn into workplace, and 100 days later he has delivered with a spread of achievements that construct on his imaginative and prescient of 1 metropolis with one brilliant future.
Mayor Dickens joined the lately reconstituted Pothole Posse to fill potholes within the Ormewood Park neighborhood on Monday prematurely of marking his first 100 days in workplace.
“Once I got here into workplace, I put the Metropolis of Atlanta into overdrive to ship for our residents,” mentioned Mayor Dickens. “Because of the extremely arduous work of our Metropolis staff and our companions all through Atlanta, we now have delivered significant investments that shall be paying dividends for years to return. And we now have made positive that Atlanta has stayed complete. We’re simply getting began, and I’ve a lot power and pleasure for what’s in retailer for our metropolis.”
It is a partial listing of a few of the Mayor’s key first 100 day accomplishments:
- Stopped the Buckhead de-annexation in 2022 by partnering with the group to handle considerations head-on and constructing ties with state leaders.
- Introduced plan to create or protect 20,000 models of inexpensive housing, overseen by the Reasonably priced Housing Strike Pressure—a one-stop store to supervise all our inexpensive housing wants.
- Launched Operation Clear Sweep to make sure Atlanta is clear and inexperienced from the Northside to the Southside and in all places in between.
- Created the Metropolis’s first Greenspace Advisory Council also referred to as the “Inexperienced Cupboard” which convenes 13 accomplice organizations that can advise the administration on points associated to equitable investments in greenspace throughout the town.
- Introduced the historic slate of grant awards totaling $2.3M from Park Satisfaction to fund capital enhancements in native parks throughout the town with almost 60% benefitting low-income communities.
- Unveiled the brand new Atlanta Police Precinct in Buckhead Village to extend APD’s presence within the coronary heart of Zone 2.
- Relaunched Make investments Atlanta’s $10M Resurgence Grant Fund to supply monetary help to small companies and nonprofit organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hosted the Metropolis’s first-ever Peace Week, throughout which the Metropolis partnered with faith-based organizations, community-based organizations, and Atlanta Public Colleges on a variety of initiatives and applications to advertise peace.
- Introduced the grand opening of the Unity Place Recruit Housing which can present housing for 30 recruits whereas they full their coaching. That is the primary housing advanced of its variety within the nation.
- Acquired land to develop the Metropolis’s first-ever park that can present direct entry to the Chattahoochee River.
- Launched the full-time Repeat Offenders Unit in partnership with the Fulton County, Atlanta Police Basis and federal companions to handle routine offenders.
- Introduced the Nightlife Division inside the Mayor’s Workplace to handle institutions which have a historical past of excessive crime.
- Reconstituted the Pothole Posse to quickly reply to residents’ 311 stories.
- Introduced the town’s first-ever funding in early childhood training, committing $5M towards a $20M aim.
For extra details about the Metropolis of Atlanta, please go to www.atlantaga.gov or watch Metropolis Channel 26. Comply with the Metropolis of Atlanta on Fb and Twitter @CityofAtlanta.