“Our V Teamers give their best day in and day out to support our customers with all of their needs, which is why we want to make sure we support them as well,” said Krista Bourne, Chief Operating Officer for Verizon Consumer Group. “These changes are the direct result of employee feedback and will help us remain an attractive employer in this competitive environment.”
In addition to the increase in starting wage, in many markets around the country, Verizon is also offering a sign-on bonus for retail specialist and assistant manager positions.
“I’m confident these changes will help us attract and retain the very best talent, and allow us to continue to improve our customer experience,” said Bourne.
The increase in starting wage comes on the heels of an announcement earlier this month of additional enhancements in compensation and incentives for its retail team members. The goal is to ensure alignment to business goals while promoting great customer experiences.
Think you have what it takes? Verizon is specifically looking for people who:
- are early adopters of new technology
- are excited about 5G and its potential
- are gamers and know why low lag takes you to the next level
- are interested in sharing their tech knowledge with others
- are team-players who enjoy sharing goals and celebrating successes
- are focused on taking care of each and every customer
- are committed to driving meaningful change—in their careers, in their community and in the world at large
- are motivated by the opportunity to continuously grow, learn and realize new ambitions
- are looking to be part of the network of people who move the world forward
Verizon is consistently ranked as one of the best places to work, was named to the Forbes World’s Best Employers and Forbes Best Employer for Women in 2021, ranked #18 on 2022 LinkedIn’s Top U.S. Companies, and scored 100% on the 2022 Disability Equality Index as well as the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index. Verizon employees also have access to tuition assistance, world-class training, extensive wellness resources and family planning support such as paid parental leave, backup child and elder care.